Tuesday, November 07, 2006

How to Make Fishball, Squidball, Kikiam, etc. Sauce

This recipe is just based on the sauce that I've been making at Dunkin' Penoy. ;) And the better title of this blog could've been "How to Make Sweet Sauce," but what I put up is more specific. Got any suggestions? Anyways, it's the recipe that counts. :)

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup cornstarch
2 cups water
1/2 clove garlic (minced)
1 whole onion (minced)
6 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
cooking oil

PROCEDURE:

- Mix cornstarch with water in a bowl until it thickens
- Saute garlic and onion in a pan with cooking oil until garlic turns golden brown
- Pour the cornstarch and water mixture into the sauted garlic and onion
- Add soy sauce and vinegar.
- Do not stir until soy sauce and vinegar is cooked on a medium heat
- Add brown sugar (quantity may depend on desired sweetness)
- Stir occassionally

You can also add sliced chili peppers if you prefer spicy.

You can also use this sauce in Lumpiang Sariwa. I use it as an alternative sauce for vinegar for my tindang kwek-kwek*. I'll write more about Dunkin' Penoy on the next blogs.

* I'll also write more about this one in my next blogs.

2 comments:

Admin said...

ty sa recipe.. hihi.. summer tinda din kmi :)

Frances said...

Thanks. I did this but for a fewer quantity. Taste good :)