Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Street Fighter

Personal History

It was during my fifth grade when I knew about arcade games. But it was "Street Fighter" that I fell in love with among all other fighting games such as Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, The King of Fighters, Samurai Shodown, Mortal Kombat, etc. And up until now, I'm still playing the game; however, it is the latest edition that I'm playing. I liked the characters, the story, the gameplay, graphics, and everything else. I remember, I was the one covering my notebooks for school (grade school) and the design of my notebooks includes stickers of a Street Fighter character. I never learned to draw them. I just like playing the game.

Addicted

Thank goodness it still exists in a mall near our place (SM Bicutan). And almost every time I go to SM, there will be not a single chance that I will play even once. Now my friends don't wonder anymore what I will be doing staying for so long inside SM.

Hadouken!

Here's a genealogy chart of how I knew Street Fighter in the arcade games:

Street Fighter > Street Fighter II: World Warrior > Street Fighter II (Chanpion Edition; Turbo/Hyper Edition; The New Challengers) > Street Fighter Alpha 1, 2, 3 (USA); Zero 1, 2, 3 (Japan) > Street Fighter III: The New Generation; 2nd Impact: Giant Attack; 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

There has also been the Street Fighter EX Series (3D) but I didn't find it that appealing. And also, there has been the Street Fighter Movie starring Jean Claude Van Damme and I also find it not that repulsive, although I was a kid then.

Combo Videos










Courtesy of TheShend from YouTube


My Favorite Characters

My favorite characters are all using the Shotokan martial arts:


Akuma

Ryu & Ken

0 comments: